- Select a goal (e.g., I want to be able to run a mile without stopping).
- Don't overreach (e.g., setting a goal to complete a marathon when you can’t run a mile yet).
- Keep it simple (e.g., I want to run a mile without stopping; I want to complete 10 push-ups using proper form).
- Make it difficult, but attainable (e.g., I want to run a mile without stopping – this is ideal if you are not currently a runner).
- Once this is accomplished, move on to the next goal (e.g., I want to finish a 5k race).
Next Tip: Wednesday, March 2, 2016: Powerful Tips For Lifestyle Transformation- How to Begin an Athletic Program Tip #3 Give yourself a firm but realistic time frame to achieve your goals